JULY 24 to 28 ~ 9:00 to 12:00
Walk / Trot – Beginner to Intermediate
- Designed to be a safe and fun experience for riders who have taken a few lessons or previous camps and have some experience with basic steering and trotting.
- We will review and expand on such things as safe handling, grooming, daily care of the horse, care of your equipment, and how to tack and untack your horse.
- We will have a 1 hour riding lesson each day to advance the basic riding position, balance, control, and steering through obstacle courses as well as picking up the pace to a trot and advancing our control while doing so.
- Although most of the camp is geared towards the horses and other animals here on the farm, there will be a day with a few games as well as a craft for the children to take home as a little keepsake.
- We do encourage our riders’ parents to come and watch the last day of camp, as we like to put on a special horse show for the riders to demonstrate what they have learned.
- Please note this is not a camp for a beginner with no experience, and the riders must meet the criteria to participate.
$425 inc GST
- 5 Day Program includes camp t-shirt
- Snacks/Lunches are not provided
What you’ll need for your camp:
- Online Waiver Filled Out (If Not Already Done)
- Boots (with 1-2” heel)
- Helmet (some available)
- Riding pants
– English – Riding Pants or half-chaps
– Western – Jeans are acceptable
- Clothing for the Weather